Sunday, June 23, 2013

You can just add "teacher" to my resume.

That's right.  I'm now teaching!  Daniel and I were in our local JoAnn's a few weeks ago shopping for some fabric to bind a quilt, when the Education Coordinator asked if I quilted often.  Well... yes.

She then asked if I'd be interested in teaching since their previous teacher just called and quit.  Well, I suppose I could give it a shot...

Now imagine having a job interview for a job you hadn't considered before 3 minutes ago while keeping a 17 month old boy who is due for his nap any second from destroying the entire store.  Yes, you imagined that correctly... it was not the way I would have planned for a job interview to go, but I guess it worked out.  

I've taught two introductory quilting classes so far and it's gone well!  It's actually kind of fun.  I definitely have learned a lot.  Who knew that teaching newbies to use a rotary cutter was an hour long process.  I did not see that lesson coming my way.  :)

I thought I'd mention it on here in case anyone in the Kansas City area reads our blog and would like to come take a class from me.  I have two new classes coming up soon.

I'm the new quilt teacher at JoAnn's on Barry Road.
First one is Quilting 201: Hexagon Pieced Pillow.  It's a really fun project where you'll learn how to machine piece hexagons and do a free motion stippling quilting pattern. It's a 2 part class that runs July 2 & July 9, 6-9pm.

I'm the new quilt teacher at JoAnn's on Barry Road.
Second class this Diagonal Wave class.  It's a 4 part class that runs July 3, 10, 17, & 24, 6-9pm.

Please excuse the terrible photos, I forgot to get good ones of them before I brought the projects in for samples.  

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment