Monday, June 10, 2013

Sewing for Quilt Market - Bath Robe

Have you ever tried to photograph a bath robe?  It's hard.  Have you tried to photograph a bath robe on a toddler?  It's hard to.  

Spring Quilt Market Projects 2013

When you try to photograph hard things, this is what happens.  Blurry photos of a toddler excited about wearing something new while running through the house.  

But, that's besides the point.  The point is I made a bath robe.  I think it's adorable.  It's out of white terrycloth with orange cotton on the inside.  Have you made a bath robe?  Why are the two layers separate at the bottom?  I looked at my bath robe after completing this project (that called for the two layers to be separate at the bottom) and I got curious.  I didn't end up finishing that way because I felt like the two layers were hanging kind of funky together, so I ended up folding them over and top-stitching them together, but it made me wonder... why are they like that?  
Pattern: Little Lounge Around by Favorite Things
Fabric: White Terry cloth & Mystic Forest by Fabri-Quilt
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment