Friday, June 14, 2013

Sewing for Quilt Market - Growth Chart Panels

Fabri-Quilt kind of went all out with this Mystic Forest fabric line.  The whole line is going to be available in regular old quilting cotton.  Most of the prints (I believe) are going to be available in flannel.  The dots are going to be available in PUL.  There are a few complimenting prints that will be available in minky.  And they have these cute little panels on a heavier weight cotton.

Spring Quilt Market Projects 2013

I backed these and put a binding on them.  At the top, I added a tube and a loop for hanging at the top.  In the tube, I inserted a dowel for a fun look and to help keep the panel open.  Fabric things like this have a tendency to flop closed when you don't support them well.

Spring Quilt Market Projects 2013

Spring Quilt Market Projects 2013

Spring Quilt Market Projects 2013

Is my little guy adorable or what?  I hung this up on the wall to snap a quick photo of it and he runs over to point to the bear and say "RAWR!"  We're still at the stage where he says the sound the animal makes instead of what the name of the animal is.  It's cute.  We have arfs (dogs) , rawrs (bears, lions, tigers, etc.), vrer (elephants), qua (ducks), and a few others I can't think of right now.  It's such a fun age.  

But, back to our regular scheduled programming...  These were a panel that I turned into a growth chart, so...
Pattern: No pattern used.Fabric: Panel from Mystic Forest by Fabri-Quilt
And I side note if you plan on making something similar to this growth chart... I got an adorable panel like these with sheep standing on top of each other for my little guy.  I quilted the heck out of it and put it on the back of his door.  My husband then decided to measure it.  Crap!  It shrunk about 2 inches.  So, a word to the wise... Quilting shrinks things.  Quilting shrinks things A LOT.  If you plan to quilt something to make it a growth chart, perhaps it would be wise to add the measurements after quilting.  

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment