Thursday, February 7, 2013

Quilt Design Reject

When I design for someone, I usually come up with a bunch of ideas and send them some of the better ones.  Fabri-Quilt asked me to come up with something using the Marblehead fabric line in the global brights colorway.  I've been seeing a lot of really simple awesome quilts lately and was inspired.  I love how textured fabric can sometimes read as a solid.  I think solid quilts are awesome, especially when done well; I think simple quilts in solid fabrics done right are done well.  So, I was inspired.  I worked on the designs one evening in EQ7 and came up with 29 versions.  I picked out 13 I liked and sent them on.  I heard back the next morning that they liked 3 of them.  Excitingly, the one I liked the best (but knew was a little bit out of their box) was one of the three!

Quilt Design

I figured up the yardages for the quilts and sent them on with a new file containing just the 3 quilts they had picked to confirm we had the right ones moving forward.  Turns out, #8 & 9 got confused somewhere along the way and my favorite was not one of their 3.  

What do you think?  I think it has a lot of movement in it and would be a fun quilt to make.  I was planning to use the method by Oh Frannson! found here and here.  I used that method on some placemats made for Christmas last year and it was quick, easy, and fun.  

I do really like this quilt and think it could turn out really cool.  For some reason, I think it has a Monet Water Lilies sort of look to it.  For now it will go in my list of maybe I'll make this someday quilts.  :)

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment