Tuesday, January 8, 2013

WIP - Madrona Road Challenge


Do you like seeing things in progress?  I hope so.  I am planning to share a lot of my projects in progress with you.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm a member of the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild.  Our guild is participating in the Madrona Road Challenge.  The rules given out for the Kansas City edition of the challenge are this:
Create a modern quilt based on or inspired by a traditional block. This can mean changing the scale of the block, improvisational piecing of the block (similar to wonky log cabins and wonky Ohio stars), use of asymmetry, negative space, etc. The traditional block must appear once somewhere in the quilt (even if it is on the back!).

We can add any of the Madrona Road prints and solid or solid-ish fabrics we like to our quilt. 

I had no idea where to start.  I decided the best place to begin would be to tape my fabrics to the wall where I could look at them.  So, on my living room wall they went.



I looked at them for a day and then decided I was going to do a twist on the log cabin.  



And that is where I am.  I'm thinking I'll call it highrise.  I just need to go get some solid fabrics to pair with it and get chopping!

- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment