Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WIP - Madrona Road Challenge - Fabric Selection

I did it.  I picked out the solid fabrics to pair with the Madrona Road fabrics for my challenge quilt.  Before I headed out to the store, I shopped my stash and guess what I found!  I found what should be enough fabrics to make my quilt top.  I'd really like to back the quilt in this print from the Madrona Road line.  I love quilts backed in flannel best, but I really, really, really love the trucks on that print.


So, what did I add you ask?  Raffia, Cornflower, and Charcoal in Robert Kauffman's Kona Solids.  I also have a bit of Kona Canary that I think might be my binding.  We'll see what I think when the top is done.  It's probably more likely that my binding will be from the charcoal.  I love a dark binding on a quilt.  Or maybe I'll finally try the fake piping binding tutorial I've been drooling over on pinterest and use both!

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment