Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sewing for Quilt Market - Huck Finn Pants

Spring Quilt Market Projects 2013

I've made these pants before, too.  They are simple little britches to put together and look adorable in super cute just about any sort of fabric.  The book shows them in a striped fabric, I've made them in flowers and rain drop prints in the past.  I think this subtle blue polka dot looks pretty cute, too!

As I mentioned in the previous post, I really like Heather Ross's book.  Her patterns are so well written and are really easy to follow.  I think these pants took me around an hour to make, start to finish.

I'll say it again, just to drive my point home... If you don't already own Heather Ross's book "Weekend Sewing", you should.  It's a great book filled with awesome, useful patterns that real life people would actually use.  It's a great book to add to your sewing library.
Pattern: Huck Finn Pants from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross
Fabric: Mystic Forest by Fabri-Quilt
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment